Tuesday 15 December 2015

Welcome to All Food Matters!

Welcome to my new blog to support my All Food Matters campaign.


I'm a mum of two originally from Warrington but living in Derry for over 10 years (after previously living here for 5 years after University). For those that don't know Derry is located in the north west of Northern Ireland and is the second largest city here. It is relatively small-more like a town-and is surrounded by beautiful countryside.

So, what is this campaign about?
Well, I love food..love eating tasty food, reading recipes, love cooking.I am also really interested in the health implications and the environmental impact of what we eat. I have been vegetarian for over 25 years and turned vegan in January this year but could definitely do better on the healthy eating front! I am also really supportive of shopping local when I can.
So this campaign over the coming weeks and months will see me discovering what local businesses and producers we have in Derry and surrounding areas. Derry recently came second in the Irish Foodie Town competition so has a big foodie scene so there should be plenty to explore! I'll also be making more of an effort to eat more healthily and seasonally and sharing lots of lovely recipes. I'll also be looking at what we can to to reduce food waste and save us all some money in the process.

I'm hoping lots of you will join in and have fun along the way!

Danielle x

p.s. I'm also on Facebook, Twitter, Intagram and Pinterest just click the social media icons on the right toolbar :)


2 comments:

  1. i like your blog very much and I also loved your kids' reaction to sprouts on your fb page. Here it is in case anyone wants to take a look!
    https://www.facebook.com/AllFoodMattersDerry/?fref=ts
    good luck with your campaign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie..their reaction to my cauliflower recipe coming soon!

      Delete